When I started the podcast over 15 years ago, Elgin was an infant, and today he is here hosting the podcast! Elgin decided to join the upcoming class, Live Before You Die, and has been collecting a stack of questions as he read through Paul Tillich’s The Courage to Be. Yesterday, we were tailgating at the Wake Forest vs Florida State football game with Arron Simmons and his family. What does a podcaster do when their teenager has a bunch of questions about existentialism, and you are tailgating with an existentialist philosopher? You hand them mics!
Dr. Aaron Simmons is an Associate Professor of Philosophy at Furman University.
- Here’s Aaaron’s website with tons of resources & his newsletter
- His previous visits to the podcast include Camping with Kierkegaard, Faith After Deconstruction, ”Do I Have a Soul? & other cultural preferences in bold,” ”Off-Road Religion & Pandemic Philosophizing,” ”Smells Like Teenage Phenomenology” &
“Whose Christianity, Which Postmodernism?”, Philosophy & the Experience of God
- Youtube Channel, “Philosophy for Where We Find Ourselves”:
- TedX Speaker: “The Failure of Success”
- check out Aaron’s books here