I am THRILLED to have two remarkable philosophers join me to unpack philosophical deconstruction and how it can help reframe the ongoing process of deconstruction. Bruce Benson and Aaron Simmons are both accomplished postmodern philosophers, with a bunch of books on my bookshelf. This episode was even better than my high expectations! After you listen, I hope you feel the lure to come hang out with all three of us at Theology Beer Camp this October.
Dr. Bruce Benson teaches Philosophy of Religions and Continental Philosophy at the University of Nottingham, as well as being Visiting Senior Research Fellow at the University of Vienna, as part of the project ‘Revenge of the Sacred: Phenomenology and the Ends of Christianity in Europe.’ Prior to that, Bruce was Senior Research Fellow at the University of St Andrews. Over the years, he has taught and engaged in research at Loyola Marymount University, Wheaton College, the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, and Union Theological Seminary (NYC). He also serves as the Executive Director of the Society for Continental Philosophy and Theology, Philosophy of Religion editor for Syndicate Journal, editorial board member for Faith and Philosophy and the Journal of Continental Philosophy and Theology, and co-editor for the Eerdmans series ‘Prophetic Christianity’.
Dr. Aaron Simmons is an Associate Professor of Philosophy at Furman University.
- Here’s Aaaron’s website with tons of resources & his newsletter
- His previous visits to the podcast include, ”Do I Have a Soul? & other cultural preferences in bold,” ”Off-Road Religion & Pandemic Philosophizing,” ”Smells Like Teenage Phenomenology” &
“Whose Christianity, Which Postmodernism?”, Philosophy & the Experience of God
- Youtube Channel, “Philosophy for Where We Find Ourselves”:
- TedX Speaker: “The Failure of Success”
- check out Aaron’s books here