What a treat! I was joined by both Tom Oord and Brian McLaren for this wonderful live stream.
FYI, SacraSage Press recently published a 200+ page book with chapter samples from Tom’s best-selling books. Anyone who joins his newsletter will get a complimentary ecopy.
Thomas Jay Oord is a theologian, philosopher, and scholar of multi-disciplinary studies. He is an award-winning author, and he has written or edited more than twenty-five books. Oord directs a doctoral program at Northwind Theological Seminary and the Center for Open and Relational Theology. He won the Outstanding Faculty Award twelve times as a full-time professor and now speaks at institutions across the globe. Oord is known for his contributions to research on love, open and relational theology, science and religion, and freedom and relationships for transformation.
Some Previous Tripp & Tom Pods
- Process This!
- Process Theology QnA
- Authority, Atonement, Abortion, and a Big Hug
- from Pluriform Love to Divine Revelation
- Big God Twitter Takes
- Trump is (NOT) a Process Theologian & Other Questions
- Thomas Jay Oord wants you to know “God Can’t”
- Open and Relational Theology Throwdown
- Open and Relational Q&A with Thomas Jay Oord
- Why Go Wesleyan?
Brian D. McLaren is an author, speaker, activist, and public theologian. A former college English
teacher and pastor, he is a passionate advocate for “a new kind of Christianity” – just, generous, and working with people of all faiths for the common good. He is a faculty member of The Living School and podcaster with Learning How to See, which are part of the Center for Action and Contemplation. He is also an Auburn Senior Fellow and works closely with the Wild Goose Festival, the Fair Food Program, Vote Common Good, and Progressive Christianity. His recent projects include an illustrated children’s book (for all ages) called Cory and the Seventh Story and The Galapagos Islands: A Spiritual Journey, and Faith After Doubt. His newest book is Do I Stay Christian? and we are going to read it together.
Previous Episodes with Brian
- Saying Yes to Christianity
- Questioning Christianity
- Do I Stay Christian?
- God – Pray – Driscoll
- Faith Beyond Fear in an Age of Terror
- 20 Years of Religious Decline
- A New Kind of Road Trip
- Parenting for the Common Good
- We need a new story! Avoiding spiritual and planetary collapse
- Brian McLaren & Pando Populus