Dr. Andrew Schwartz is a scholar, organizer, and social entrepreneur. He is Executive Director of the Center for Process Studies and Assistant Professor of Process Studies & Comparative Theology with Claremont School of Theology at Willamette University, as well as Co-Founder and Vice President of the Institute for Ecological Civilization. He is Affiliated Faculty with the Center for Sustainability and Environmental Justice at Willamette University. His current work includes comparative religious philosophy, as well as the role of big ideas in bringing about systems change for the long-term wellbeing of people and the planet.the Executive
In this conversation we discus a bunch of questions sent in from the Homebrewed Community…
1. Books Andrew likes to use when teaching Process
- Process-Relational Philosophy: An Introduction to Alfred North Whitehead & Process Theology: A Basic Introduction by Robert C. Mesle
- On Whitehead by Philip Rose
- God of Becoming and Relationship: The Dynamic Nature of Process Theology by Rabbi Bradley Shavit Artson
2. How Whitehead came to believe in God
3. Why Process Panentheism is the superior Panentheism
- shout out to Hartshorne’s Omnipotence and Other Theological Mistakes
- why Creation Out of Nothing is the most overrated doctrine
4. Process Panenthesim & Panpsychism
- here’s the book exploring this theme and it is FREE 🙂
5. Why is Process thought reaching more people now than ever?
6. If you had a dinner party with Whitehead, who are you inviting?
- Want to go to a dinner party at the Whitehead’s? Then read Dialogues of Alfred North Whitehead.
Some Previous Process Theology Episodes
Don’t forget to join Tripp & Diana this Lent for an open online class – Jesus De/constructed! Details here.