Today is the day! HBC turns 10! To celebrate, we are selling tickets to Theology Beer Camp at the cheapest price for 48 hours.
Jack Caputo is back and gives us 5 reasons to go Derrida:
1. Derrida give you the best argument against fundamentalism
2. It also is the best argument against modernism, including the new atheists, and reductionism
3. The undeconstructable, or unconditional, which is not a Platonic ideal, but a hope, an expectation.
4. Binary oppositions are deconstructable
5. The pervasive presence of biblical motifs in Derrida’s work
Jack also explains his relationship to Derrida and his work, how Derrida’s atheism was not the end of theology but the beginning of a new, more interesting post-theistic theology, whether Derrida is to blame for post-modernism, why absolutists are much scarier than relativists, and why post-modernism is neither absolutism nor relativism,
Plus, he tackles fundamentalism, the new atheists, Trump, and the distinction between beliefs and a deeper faith. Books mentioned:
The Westar Giveaway includes foundational classics as well as recent new works from some of our most beloved Westar members and scholars including Jack Caputo, Catherine Keller, John Dominic Crossan, and more! Click here to win over $500 of zesty books.