Ted Vial is on the podcast to talk about his new book, Modern Religion, Modern Race. Ted is Professor of Theology and Modern Western Religious Thought at the Iliff School of Theology in Denver. Iliff is one of the sponsors for #theologybeercamp in Denver this August 18th-19th (get your tickets here). In his book, Ted talks about why everything that is going on today is based on 19th century German philosophy.
- What is the difference between religious studies and theology?
- What is modern religion?
- How should we understand and engage non-Western religions?
- Why Schleiermacher was so influential and how his work shows up today
- How the 19th century shaped our identity in the modern world, including race
- The role of theological anthropology
Your faith is not based on right beliefs, but is based on being part of the Christian community: “your religious experience is formed by the community of which you are a member.”
Don’t forget to enter the #theologybeercamp giveaway for a chance to win all of Peter Rollins books plus the entire Homebrewed Guide series! Click here to join, and remember, the more you share, the better your chances of winning, and the more likely we can save Pete’s soul… And it’s not too late to get your tickets for Theology Beer Camp in Denver (Aug. 18-19) and OKC (Aug. 25-26).