I love learning with my earbuds in. On top of all my favorite podcasts I am a bit of an audio book addict. Between doing dishes, sitting in traffic and rocking half-asleep babies with ear infection into the early morning, I can get some serious audio book time in. Here’s the list of all the audio books I remember listening to (and finishing) over the past year.
- Will It Fly? How to Test Your Next Business Idea So You Don’t Waste Your Time and Money by Pat Flynn
- The War of Art: Winning the Inner Creative Battle by Steven Pressfield
- Extraordinary Relationships: A New Way of Thinking About Human Interactions by Roberta Gilbert
- The Inevitable: Understanding the 12 Technological Forces That Will Shape Our Future by Kevin Kelly
- The Righteous Mind: Why Good People Are Divided by Politics and Religion by Jonathan Haidt
- The News: A User’s Manual by Alain de Botton
Theology and Religion Audiobooks
- Kierkegaard: A Single Life by Stephen Backhouse
- The Denial of Death by Ernest Becker
- Cognitive Science, Religion, and Theology: From Human Minds to Divine Minds by Justin Barrett
- The Great Spiritual Migration: How the World’s Largest Religion Is Seeking a Better Way to Be Christian by Brian McLaren
- Flourishing: Why We Need Religion in a Globalized World by Miroslav Volf
- A Little History of Philosophy by Nigel Warburton
- Brand Luther: How an Unheralded Young Minister Turned His Small German Town into a Center of Publishing, Made Himself the Most Famous Man in Europe – and Started the Protestand Reformation by Andrew Pettegree
- The Sane Society by Erich Fromm
- The Physicist and the Philosopher: Einstein, Bergson, and the Debate That Changed Our Understanding of Time by Jimena Canales
- Philosophy of Religion by Charles Taliaferro
- You Are What You Love: The Spiritual Power of Habit by James K. A. Smith
- A Secular Age by Charles Taylor
If you are new to audio books check out the free one month trial from audible and score two free audible audio books. Personally I have been a gold member since 2010 and love it. On top of getting any audio book or Teaching Company Class each month you get the daily audio version of the New York Times. For the audio addict like myself this is deal not to pass on.
For 10 Theology Books available on Audible check out my list from last year.