Join Tripp Fuller, host of Homebrewed Christianity Podcast and author of Homebrewed Christianity Guide to Jesus: Lord, Liar, Lunatic… or Awesome?, for a theology nerd bootcamp filled with Christological goodness.
The special guest for the day is Joerg Rieger,theologian, author and activist from Perkins School of Theology, Southern Methodist University. He si the author of awesome books like Christ and Empire and Occupy Religion. It’s a real treat to have Joerg back on the podcast and chilling with the Deacons all day long.
Progressive Christians love to talk about the historical Jesus, engage people of other faiths, call us to work for social justice and advocate for a radically inclusive community, but too often we get theological laryngitis when it comes to Christology. In this bootcamp we are going to address that problem.
When we are done you will be able to say something about Jesus without crossing your fingers…
WHEN Wednesday, February 17, 2016 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST)
WHERE Perkins School of Theology @SMU
- 9:00am – 10:15am: Session 1: Getting Freaky with Jesus or Why C.S. Lewis isn’t the greatest person to ask about Jesus
- 10:30am – Noon: Session 2: My Favorite Homeless Dead Jew…PS it’s Jesus.
Noon – 1:30pm: Break
- 1:30pm – 2:45pm: Session 3: God was in Christ: Why God should at least be as nice as Jesus (if you are a Biblical Christian)
- 3:00pm – 4:30pm:Session 4: Being Heretical for JC: Christological Politics for a Community of Believing Skeptics
- 5:00pm and Beyond: Dinner, drinks, and lively conversation at a local watering hole.