This week Dr. Bob Mesle is our guest for part one of a two part discussion of Suffering and Meaning. Dr. Mesle is professor of Philosophy and Religion at Graceland University and author of a number of books including my favorite introduction to Process Theology and also the Philosophy of Alfred North Whitehead. You can download Melse’s article, ‘Teaching about Suffering and Meaning’ from Creative Transformation.
I contacted Dr. Mesle when the internet was abuzz over the NT Wright and Bart Ehrman blog-o-logue on God and problem of evil. They both have published books recently dealing with this issue (here and here).
– Melvin Bray, Brian McLaren, Mark Roberts, and Dan (Journeying with those in Exile) on the Blog–logue
– Kim Fabricius from Faith and Theology on theodicy
– John Cobb and David B. Hart
– The best single book on the problem of evil that includes multiple perspctives in dialogue
– James Wood on Theodicy from the New Yorker
Podcast: Play in new window | Download